Customer Support Representative
Location: San Diego, CA, Salt Lake City, UT
Who are we?
Tiled is a microapp platform that allows creatives to craft interactive experiences without using any code. Simply import or synchronize assets into Tiled, enable interactive and rich-media elements, including video, hotspots, embedded forms and personalized text fields, to quickly build immersive content experiences designed to fully engage your audience.
Tiled is looking for a self-motivated and highly collaborative Customer Support Representative to join our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of interactive experiences.
In Customer Support, you will be the primary contact for our customers who need help with their microapps and the Tiled platform. You will become an expert in our product, capable of diverse and proactive technical support while maintaining the patience and people skills to guide customers toward a solution. Organizationally, you will be part of the Customer Success organization and will work closely with the Engineering team.
What you’ll do
Specifically, we are looking for someone with a customer-first mindset and is strong in four key competencies: Communication, Diplomacy, Product Knowledge and Empathy
- Communication - It is not necessary to be very technical to use our product, however, you will explain technical concepts to customers who might have a basic understanding. You will use your in-depth product knowledge and strong communication skills to provide customers simple, yet effective, explanations of their problems by answering the why, not just the how.
- Diplomacy - Customers might ask several questions, be unhappy or ask you to go over instructions several times. You will use patience to keep the conversation on track, remain personable, and provide a positive experience.
- Product Knowledge - To effectively solve problems, you will need to know a bit of technical or industry knowledge to help customers resolve issues. Proper knowledge of the product is essential; even if there isn't a direct answer to the customer's problem, you will always seek out a creative fix.
- Empathy - Your interactions may begin with someone who is frustrated or unhappy. It is important that you understand and identify with the feelings of others and communicate accordingly. By practicing empathy and putting yourself in their shoes, you'll be able to provide insight into your decisions to help customers understand the outcome.
- Act as front-line triage for incoming support requests
- Work side-by-side with customers in the Tiled platform to help achieve their project goals
- Develop the customer support and communication process
- Escalate advanced questions or issues through appropriate channels
- Become an expert on Tiled and stay up to date on new features
- Identify opportunities for client training and development
- Identify and report product improvement ideas from customers
- Perform other operational and administrative support as requested by the business
- Develop the right set of analytics to provide business insights into product quality and product adoption and help measure customer & product satisfaction
- Assist in creating knowledge base articles to help customers solve problems on their own
- Work cross-functionally across the business with product, engineering, and customer success to deliver feedback, improve our support process, and ensure the overall experience is seamless and focused on the customer’s needs
What you’ll bring:
- A track record of success as a customer support leader at a SaaS services company
- Experience in building a customer support process and collaborating with product and engineering teams
- Ability to communicate advanced technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Ability to think on your feet and solve problems quickly
- Excellent communication, typing, and grammar skills
- Experience with Zendesk or related customer support tool
- Desire to grow in knowledge of industry trends in Customer Support, including best practices, and progressive, cutting-edge CRM and Support tools
- An eye for identifying and removing friction from the support process (e.g., developing and implementing internal service tooling to automate processes)
- Understanding of support operations and measuring success via customer support metrics and KPIs
- An understanding of Web/Mobile/Infrastructure app development & architecture
- Experience with highly technical and demanding customers who are running critical production workloads and demand enterprise performance from their vendors’ product and services
- Relentless passion and contagious enthusiasm